on favorite RBHS memory

Photo courtesy of Envato Elements

Ketti Horton, Staff writer

As the 2021-22 school year comes to a close, seniors reflect on their last four years at RBHS. While their high school experience has been anything but traditional with virtual learning, hybrid learning and losing countless sports/club events because of COVID-19, they are still able to look back and find some happiness.

Singer/songwriter Taylor Swift said in her hit song “Fifteen,” “You take a deep breath as you walk through the doors, it’s the morning of your very first day. You say hi to your friends you ain’t seen in a while, try and stay out of everybody’s way. It’s your freshman year and you’re gonna be here for the next four years, in this town.” While seniors were here for four years, it couldn;t have been what anyone expected.

The class of 2022 has certainly been in for a ride. With only two full years of in-person school, it was an experience for the seniors like nothing before. Here they reflect on their best memories within the walls of RBHS.

Sarah Howser, senior

“My favorite memory at [RBHS]was definitely Friday night football games. Picking out an outfit for the theme and seeing what other people were wearing was always so much fun. The energy of the crowd was so intense and being there with all my friends was the perfect Friday night.”

Maddie Llewellyn, senior

“My favorite memory at [RBHS] was the locker rooms before volleyball games. The team was all hype and listening to music to try and prepare us for upcoming games. The atmosphere was just incredible and it was something I’ll always be grateful for.”

Jim Whaley, senior

“My favorite memory at [RBHS] would have to be when the basketball team won state my freshman year. It was such a fun experience especially because the game went down to the wire.”

Michael Mullen, senior

“Freshman year, there would always be large speakers and a circle of people in the main commons having dance battles or singing or having rap battles. It was funny to see and watch people do crazy stuff during my lunch.”

What was your favorite RBHS memory this year? Let us know in the comments below.