On fall scents

Photo by Bailey Blackburn.

As the leaves start to brown and the breeze grows cooler, many students find nostalgia in scents that remind them of this beautiful time of year. Whether it’s the comforting aroma of pumpkin spice or vanilla, RBHS students describe their favorite fall scents and why they like them.

Mihir Bhalla, freshman

“I like pumpkin spice because it reminds me of the Starbucks latte, and that’s my favorite thing about fall.” 

Mira Tosh, sophomore

“Pumpkin vanilla is my favorite fall scent because it has a very cozy, warm, and sweet smell. It reminds me of my mom’s pumpkin pie, which she always makes for family Thanksgiving. It is also my go-to candle [at] Bath and Body Works.”

Kerra Lindbloom, junior

“My favorite fall scent is a warm coffee aroma because it makes me feel cozy and relaxed. The smell reminds me of a warm hug and crisp autumn mornings.” 

Andrew Romitti, senior

“When I was 5 years old, I remember rummaging around in the forest in my backyard. I would find all the different colored leaves and make a collection in a dusty scrapbook that I would hide in my dark closet. The smell of leaves in autumn and the refreshing scent of mist, fog, and forest is my favorite fall scent as it reminds me of the person I used to be as a child. In simpler days, I always yearned for adventure, joy, and exploration. Everyone should hold that part of them close, as it will always be a part of us. Esto te ipsum.” 

Do you have a favorite fall scent? Let us know in the comments below.