Students tell their favorite winter tales

Let it snow

Hunter Naylor, senior

“My dad used to tie a rope to a giant tractor inner tube, and whenever it would snow, he would tie it to the back of his tractor, or four-wheeler or the car, and he would drive it around our big front yard. And I would slide off and fall, but it was still really fun. I enjoyed it a lot.”

Abbie Sivarman, sophomore

“On the first snow of every year, at least for how long I can remember, my sister and I enjoy going outside, and we make different snowmen with scarves or whatever we can find, or we make snowballs and have snowball fights or sometimes we make snow angels. And usually afterwards, we go back inside and drink hot chocolate to warm back up. It’s always a super fun time.”

Ray Adelstein, sophomore

“Last year it was just me an my mom living in the house because my sister was out on exchange, and it was a normal weekend and we weren’t really doing anything, so my mom presented the idea that we bake some cookies. I was like, ‘Sure. That could be fun.’ I’ve never baked anything. The most I’ve ever made was, like, some good toast, and that’s about it. We ended up putting a lot of sugar in them. half of it was just sugar, but we spent a while working on them, and they turned out really well. Even though I had no idea what I was doing, spending time with my mom was great.”

What is your favorite seasonal memory? Let us know in the comments below.