on possible impeachment of president

%E2%80%9CFirst+of+all%2C+they+can%E2%80%99t+impeach+him+because+they+don%E2%80%99t+have+anything+on+him.+They%E2%80%99ve+investigated+him+four+times%2C+they+haven%E2%80%99t+found+anything+but+if+he+were+to+be+impeached.+It+obviously+wouldn%E2%80%99t+be+good%2C+all+the+stuff+with+china+wouldn%E2%80%99t+work+out+you+know+because+if+the+foriegn+leaders+see+the+trump+is+gonna+be+impeached+there+gonna+pull+out+of+the+deals+the+economy+will+most+likely+crash.+You+know+October+is+probably+the+most+volatile+month+for+their+market%2C+so+no+I+don%E2%80%99t+think+he%E2%80%99ll+be+impeached.%E2%80%9D+-Nick+Clervi%2C+Sophomore+
“First of all, they can’t impeach him because they don’t have anything on him. They’ve investigated him four times, they haven’t found anything but if he were to be impeached. It obviously wouldn’t be good, all the stuff with china wouldn’t work out you know because if the foriegn leaders see the trump is gonna be impeached there gonna pull out of the deals the economy will most likely crash. You know October is probably the most volatile month for their market, so no I don’t think he’ll be impeached.” -Nick Clervi, Sophomore

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi began formal impeachment proceedings Tuesday in light of the recent Ukraine scandal. Over the years of President Donald Trump’s time in office, the Democratic Party has tried to impeach him on several occasions. The possibility of impeachment started when the Democratic Party questioned whether or not President Trump worked with the Russian government to orchestrate his election victory, which United States Attorney General William Barr and former Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice Robert Mueller ended up proving false. The next point of examination on his presidency came about regarding whether or not he obstructed the ongoing investigation into him by choosing to fire FBI Director James Comey. Regardless of public suspicion, President Trump’s dismissal of Comey was justified by Comey’s leaking of classified information and violation of the Department of Justice’s policy when handling President Trump’s memos. Following the president’s call to congratulate Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, an unnamed whistleblower claimed President Trump attempted to leverage tax dollars during the call in return for a favor from the Ukranian president. Once the official phone transcript became available, however, it presented President Trump’s request in an ambiguous light.

If President Trump were to be impeached, how would you want it to unfold?

[penci_text_block block_title_align=”style-title-left” custom_markup_1=””]If President Trump were to be impeached, how do you think the nation would react? Let us know in the comments below. [/penci_text_block]