on Amendment 2

Feature photo of sample ballot by Eléa Gilles

Missouri voters recently approved Amendment 2, which legalizes medical marijuana with a four percent tax that would go toward healthcare services for veterans. The passing allows physicians to recommend patients with nine qualifying conditions, including epilepsy, glaucoma and any terminal illness. Patients are allowed to grow six plants in their homes or buy up to four ounces of dried marijuana or other products. Utah also passed a law legalizing medical marijuana, while Michigan legalized recreational marijuana.
How do you feel about the passing of Amendment 2 in the state of Missouri?

“I feel it’s the best thing that has happened in our whole life.” – Daylon Logan, freshman
“It’s for a good purpose. I think it helps you with a lot of diseases, I’m not a doctor though.” – Jesús Castanon, sophomore
“If people need it they might as well have access to it because it helps out with medical conditions such as PTSD.” – Paige Hensley, junior
“I think it’s good because it’s gonna help a lot of people and it’s something people have been working for for along time.” – Ethan Yates, senior