on March 14 walkout

In this March 30, 2015 file photo, Rep. Warwick Sabin, center, D-Little Rock, cheers with others protesting over new religious objections laws at the state Capitol in Little Rock, Ark. The national focus on whether new religious objections laws in Indiana and Arkansas could be used to discriminate against gays and lesbians has boosted efforts for broader civil rights law protections in those and other states. (AP Photo/Danny Johnston, File)

As part of an assembly against gun violence, a national school walkout has been scheduled March 14, 2018. The march was organized by members of the Women’s March and is supposed to begin at 10 a.m. that Wednesday. Participants of the march are demanding the government take action on gun control, specifically in regards to the shootings at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 14, 2018 that took the lives of 17 people. Those victims will be remembered by a 17 minute duration of the march. The walkout is a form of commemoration and a political standing against gun violence.