Student View: Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving is a holiday that celebrates appreciating what you have. Beginning with the first Thanksgiving in 1621 in the Plymouth Colony with the American Indians and the Plymouth Colonists, where they famously put down their arms and put aside differences to eat the now-famous Thanksgiving turkey and celebrate the colonists’ first year in the colony, they had no idea that they had begun a tradition that would last for centuries.
This Thursday marks 392 years since the original Thanksgiving, and the traditions are still being passed down from generation to generation. As American families and friends “gear up” and prepare themselves, and their stomachs, for the 392th annual Thanksgiving Feast, BearingNews asked students around RBHS about their family traditions.
[heading]BearingNews asked students: What do you think of Thanksgiving? What are you planning on doing for this holiday?[/heading]  

“I plan on going to my grandparents and spending a lot of time with my family and eating a lot of food.” — Freshman Caroline Critchfield

“I’m going to eat a lot of food with my family and watch some football.” — Sophomore Miguel Parker

“I’m going to eat a lot of food with my family and hopefully get really fat.” — Junior Mikala Roach

“I’m going to my grandparents farm. A bunch of my family is coming up from out of town, and we’re all going hunting and four-wheeling, and it’s going to be awesome.” —Senior Audrey Clark
By Sam Mitten
What is your favorite part of your Thanksgiving traditions?