Girls soccer flourish during season opener

The Lady Bruins started the season strong with a 3-1 victory over the Lady Crusaders tonight, Mar. 18, at home. Senior Molly Klein lead the team with confidence, and other players such as junior Molly Gunter, sophomore Allison and senior Danni Hrdina Floyd also aided the team to victory. The win came as a major surprise, as the girls remained scoreless throughout the first quarter and gave up a goal to the Crusaders. Nevertheless, the girls came back fighting in the second quarter, quickly racking up three goals scored by junior Paige Peterson, senior Cara Wilfong and Klein, in that order.[TS_VCSC_Lightbox_Gallery content_images=”283968,283971,283970,283964,283963,283973,283967,283966,283965,283972″ content_images_titles=”Junior Molly Gunter (11)prepares to take the ball down the field after stealing it from a Helias player attempting to score.,Senior Molly Klein (10) kicks the ball in before it narrowly goes out of bounds. Teammate senior Danni Hrdina (8) watches on.,Senior Molly Klein (10) gets control of the ball after a bout of crazy passes that sent the ball up and down the field. ,Sophomore Allison Floyd (25) dribbles the ball down the field after regaining possession of the ball. ,Sophomore Payton McCallister (9) attempts to steal the ball from a Helias player. ,After a wild kick by Helias in attempt to score Sophomore Allison Floyd (25) kicks the ball back across the field aiming at Helias’ goal this time. ,Mid first quarter junior Molly Gunter (11) attempts to score. Her kick drew audible gasps from the tiny crowd as the ball narrowly missed — hitting the football goal post.,Freshman Beni Adelstein (2) knees the ball after teammate senior Danni Hrdina passes to her.,Senior Cara Wilfong (14) keeps the ball away from Helias early in the first quarter. ,Senior Molly Klein (10) throws the ball back in after Helias loses control and heads the ball out of bounds. Klein lead the team never leaving the field throughout the first quarter. ,, ” content_style=”SlickThumb”][/TS_VCSC_Lightbox_Gallery]photos by Abby Kempf