Juniors defeat both classes, win annual powderpuff game

Female Domination: Juniors Shantavia Johnson and Maddy Jones brave the cold and competition. Photo by Kira Lubahn

Intensity stewed on the field as the sophomore and junior classes prepared for their powderpuff game at 3:30 Thursday, Nov. 10. The winner of the first game would move onto the final against the senior class, who were preparing for domination on the football practice field.
Both juniors and sophomores fought a tough game, but in the end, the victory went to the junior class with a score of 12-0.
At the start of the second game, the upper classmen rode in on three masculine trucks as the junior class turned their backs, showing off their taped backs. The juniors ended the first half with a 6-0 lead, and despite the seniors’ desire to be victors, the  juniors scored again, bringing the score to 12-0.
Senior Anna Alioto scored the seniors’ first touchdown in the second half, boosting the senior teams’ confidence and pumping them up. Alyssa Fancher took the kick and made the field goal, giving seniors another point.
“I was very nervous about taking the kick,” Fancher said. “I just wanted to make it so that I could help the senior class win.”
However, time was the enemy and the seniors were not able to catch up with the juniors who won the powderpuff game 12-7. Although the game ended, the rivalry did not. While juniors huddled together to celebrate their win, the senior class surprise-attacked them. No one sustained injury, and after the tussle they exchanged smiles, both teams left the field satisfied.
Click here for pre-game Q&A’s with members from each team.
By Caraline Trecha