Wrestling storms to comfortable win

Photo by Randi Obermiller
[heading]Bruin wrestling team dominates Centralia with easy win, 58-24. [/heading]
Sam Crane wrestles his match from Centralia on Jan. 13
Senior Sam Crane wrestles his opponent from Centralia Jan. 13
By Randi Obermiller
After competing against their crosstown rivals three days ago, the Bruins wrestling team hosted Centralia High School looking to continue their good form. It was only a matter of minutes  before RBHS asserted their dominance as senior Sam Crane, a Mizzou commit, pinned his opponent to the ground.
At the end, the Bruins beat a deflated Centralia team, 58-24. Sophomore Josiah Kline said the team was aggressive right from the start which is a good sign for them for the future.
“I pinned my kid, and all the other guys basically pinned their opponents,” Kline said. “So far, the team is looking very good, and the season had went very well also.”
The district tournament is only a month away, and the Bruins are looking to make it a special year for the seniors. Senior Jason Kiehne said the whole team performed well against Centralia, and they have to remain aggressive and intelligent on the mats to carry on their winning ways. Kiehne also said the team is training hard everyday to make sure they play their best every meet.
“I think we are looking pretty solid for districts,” Kiehne said. “I feel we have multiple district champs and maybe even districts as a team.”
Withe their next game tomorrow against Rockhurst and Jefferson City, Kline said the team must not get carried away from today’s win. The sophomore wrestler knows after wins like the one today, it is easy for any team to lose focus.
“Rockhurst and Jeff City both have some really good players,'” Kline said. “The win today was very special, and I hope tomorrow will be no different.”
By Harsh Singh