True/False hosts its first party of the year, ‘Jubilee’

Hundreds of people lined up to enter True/False’s opening masquerade party, Jubilee, at the Missouri Theater. The lively atmosphere lead to many different conversations. The age-diverse line, filled with elegant costumes, began to slowly flood into the theater lobby. Volunteers held food ranging from cupcakes to cheese plates on aluminum platters, eagerly waiting for people to take a bite.

An old couple, crowned with steampunk-like masks, talk amongst themselves. The lobby, decorated in archaic accents, was full. Volunteers attempted to usher people out as the room to no avail.

Farther into the lobby, socialites talked loudly amongst themselves, their sides accompanied by fine wines and spirits. Next to a staircase, True/False volunteers with green t-shirts held open recycling bags in an attempt to advocate for attendees to reduce waste.

Axon Orchestra, an L.A. based band, played instrumentals in the lobby. Crowds stood around the band in awe at their coordinated suit colors, violet tuxedos with green accents. The eager audience needed to hear more.

Nearing the end of the marvelous night, masqueraders began to make their way towards the auditorium to see Time. True/False rookie band, McKinley-Dixon, performed as volunteers began to admit people into the theater as a movie began. After a hesitant round of applause, the lights dimmed. Back stage, McKinley, the lead singer of the band, talked about his previous life. Growing up in the slums of Richmond, VA. McKinley described his synthesis of hip-hop, rap and rock-and-roll instrumentals to create his unique sound.http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zuuxV9C5c

There were no ads or introductions to preface the movie as the dimmed lights transitioned to complete darkness. After a brief moment of silence, one word projected from the back of the room onto the screen. “Time.” The 2020 True/False movie to play at Missouri Theater started at 7 p.m.

What has been your favorite event at True/False this year? Let us know in the comments below.