People of Roots N Blues – Jess Turgeon

Roots N Blues volunteers Jess Turgeon and Robert Schreiber take a break Saturday afternoon Sept. 28. Photo by Bailey Stover.

Volunteers at Roots N Blues work a variety of jobs to help the event run smoothly. Jess Turgeon’s designated task this year was selling beer to festival goers.

What has your experience been like at the festival?

“It’s been a blast. There’s so many people, and it’s such a diverse crowd. You’ve got family-friendly, so you get all ages, and everyone’s having a good time. And all the art is really cool. I like that, too.”

What first attracted you to Roots N Blues?

“I started working with a friend of mine, so I came to work, and I didn’t really know what to expect, but I just got introduced into the community, and now I’m hooked.”

What are you guys doing today?

“We are selling beer.”

What is your favorite part of the festival?

“My favorite part is people watching, probably. But the music, of course, as well.”

Why do you enjoy people watching?

“Because there’s so much different stuff to see. So many colors and awesome outfits and smiling faces. It makes me happy.”

For people who have never been to the festival before, what would you recommend?

“I would definitely recommend getting something to eat and going back and forth between the stages to get as much music experience as you can.”[vc_masonry_media_grid element_width=”6″ grid_id=”vc_gid:1569815145076-79bc56e5-2583-7″ include=”317661,317662,317663,317664″][penci_text_block block_title_align=”style-title-left”]What is your favorite part of Roots N Blues? Let us know in the comments below.[/penci_text_block]