Spider-Man: Far From Marvel

Recent headlines and interviews with Marvel actors and executives stated Sony and Disney have changed their agreement on which company will own the Spider-Man franchise in the future. This affects the films because Marvel spent the last few years building a relationship between Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and now that Sony only owns Spider-Man, not Iron Man, the next movie cannot contain anything belonging to Marvel.
Tom Holland, who is the current Spider-Man, commented on the situation only a few days after Disney released the news to the public saying,“It’s been five amazing years. I’ve had the time of my life. Who knows what the future holds? But all I know is that I’m going to continue playing Spider-Man and having the time of my life. It’s going to be so fun however we choose to do it.”

Although referenced characters and overlying plot about Tony Stark will change, the actors, Holland and those who play Ned, Peter Parker’s best friend, and MJ, Parker’s crush who is new to their school and on the debate team with the two boys, will stay the same and the goal of Sony will still be to make the highest quality movies possible. 
Similar to what happened in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, I believe an interesting twist on the series would be to explore how other characters in the previous Spider-Man movies would react to getting bitten by the same spider that bit Peter Parker.
I asked students: “What do you think will happen in the next Spider-Man film now that Marvel has given up ownership of the character?”
“You know in Far From Home when they call him Night Monkey? Ya, I think Marvel will continue the Spider-Man movies but call him that so that they can keep the same plot they’ve been doing. And honestly, I don’t care about Sony. I think if they try to continue Spider-Man without the built up plot Disney has been adding to, the movies are going to be awful.” — Katie Chrisman, senior
“I think Spider-Man is just going to be gone. I think that in the next movie they will completely get rid of him and kill him off. Because Disney was so greedy, as revenge Sony took Spider-Man just so they could get rid of the character.” — Keegan Adkins, senior
“They’re gonna put in Night Monkey, duh.” — Maleah Gagliardi, sophomore
Night Monkey is a character referenced by Peter Parker’s best friend Ned in Spider-Man: Far From Home in a scene where Peter Parker (Spider-Man) is in Europe on a class trip and none of his classmates can know he is Spider-Man. His best friend, Ned, has to quickly make up a story about why Spider-Man is in Europe at the same time and place as them. Under the circumstances, he invents a fake superhero, Night Monkey, who is a European rip-off of Spider-Man.

“I think they’re just going to make another movie that will inevitably cost a lot of money but will be really bad because it will be a sloppy new start to a plot but with the same actors.” — Anthony Wu, sophomore 
“I think they will make a childhood movie. One based on when he was a kid and we’ll get more back story since we didn’t get that with Tom Holland’s Spider-Man. Could he be in high school? With Ned and MJ maybe.” — Evan Holliday, sophomore

What do you think will happen to Spider-Man now? Let us know in the comments below.