Deadline approaches for mud volleyball

2016 RBHS mud volleyball champions Carson Linder, Elliot Bones, Carlo Montano, Brock Davis, Madelyn Jones, Brandon Rettke, Jack Cooper and Sara Cottingham pose with their trophy.

Mud volleyball has been a tradition at RBHS for more than 20 years. Students get friends together to make teams, create uniforms and trash talk.
Come Thursday, May 11, four to eight teams will again face off in the back of the North parking lot.
According to the signup sheet inside of the RBHS activities office, costs for the teams is $40. Team captains are required participate in a meeting at 8 a.m. May 8 in room 126. Angel jacquin is in charge of the meeting, and will go over all of the rules of the tournament to make sure all teams are aware of how to play.
The event, ran by math teacher Jacquin with senior Brock Davis as the MC.
“I can’t participate in mud volleyball this because of the surgery I just had on my ACL; however, I still wanted to be involved because it is my favorite event of the year,” Davis said. “Being an MC is the perfect way for me to still experience the fun of mud volleyball without being able to play.”
Last year the champions went by a team name of “Setsy, and we know it.” The defending champions, captained by senior Carlo Montano, will go by the team name “dirty sets.”
“This year the team is going to start strong and come out with a winning mentality,” Montano said. “After winning the tournament last year, we know we can do it again. We had to make a few lineup changes due to injuries of former players, but we have faith that the new guys can come out and perform.”