Aerosmith’s ‘Music From Another Dimension!’ solidifies band’s legendary status

Image used under fair use doctrine
It’s been 11 years since the release of Aerosmith‘s last original album. Many fans and critics thought Aerosmith was done making music, but on November 6, 2012, the band picked up right where it left off. Their 15th studio album, entitled “Music From Another Dimension!” hit the stands, solidifying the band’s continued legacy in rock and roll history.
The album is loaded with plenty of rocking songs as well as a few gentle ballads. Songs like “Out Go the Lights” and “Oh, Yeah” show that the band is still up and kicking, bringing both their classic style and a new thrum to their sound. Songs like “Can’t Stop Loving You (featuring Carrie Underwood)” and “What Could Have Been Love” balance out the heartfelt balladry they’ve perfected over the years with raw, grooving blues rock they pioneered.
Amazingly, Steven Tyler, the now 64-year-old lead singer, sounds just as young and fresh as he did years ago. Guitarist Joe Perry can still rip out those tasty blues licks he’s famous for. It’s almost as if nothing has changed.
This album is something for any Aerosmith fan to be excited about. Many late career releases by bands are hit or miss, but Aerosmith proved they can still make great music just like the old days. This album is truly indicative of a band that seems to have found themselves again.
By Tyler Dunlap