2014 Capers performers announced

[tabs active=”3″] [tab title=”Capers”] Capers, the annual RBHS talent show, hosted it’s auditions this past Wednesday and Thursday, March 12th and 13th. This production welcomed anyone and everyone to come try out to showcase their talents at the show that is slated for April 24th at 7 p.m. in the PAC.
Senior Daniel Shapiro, has participated in Capers for every year that he has been here at RBHS and hopes that this year will be no different from years past.
“I played in pit [band] sophomore year and it looked like a lot of fun. Last year, I organized the closing act and it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had,” Shapiro said. “I really wanted to do it again this year because I love performing and I knew I’d have a great time.”
Though she has never attended before, junior Haley Birk said that she is looking forward to sitting in the audience and experiencing all the talent that RBHS students have to offer. Birk said that a lot of her friends involved in band are hoping to have a part in this show, however, the Capers crew will include a wide range of talents; from singing, dancing and even a little …
“I didn’t get to go last year … but I’ve heard that it’s really awesome because you get to see people doing things that they’re really good at and passionate about and so I’m just looking forward to seeing some of my friends and people I don’t know showing off their talents,” Birk said. “Plus it’s always entertaining, or so I’ve heard.”
The ability to be able to showcase his talents is what makes this event worthwhile, according to Shapiro. Performers put a lot of effort and time into making their acts the best they possibly can be.
“I think just playing for an appreciative crowd of my peers is the best. The enthusiasm at Capers is really high and it makes the performance really fun,” Shapiro said. “This year I’m most looking forward to the one I’m organizing, the One Direction cover band … and, I have a lot of friends in acts too which makes the experience fun.”
Auditions proved to be a exciting experience, according to Shapiro. But the tension released today, March 18, as the cast list for Capers was posted in the activities office.
“There’s been a ton of acts and auditions this year and there’s actually a good variety instead of all female vocal solos,” Shapiro said. “It’s a fun atmosphere.”
By Brittany Cornelison
[/tab] [tab title=”Important Info”]

Tickets will be on sale for $5 at the door while advance sale and reserved section seating will be $10. Reserved section seating sales will be announced later.

Dress Rehearsals

-Monday, April 21, 2014 …. 6:30 – 10:00pm

-Tuesday, April 22, 2014 …. 6:30 – 10:00pm

-Wednesday, April 23, 2014 …. 6:30 – 10:00pm (only if needed)

Performance

-Thursday, April 24, 2014 …. 7:00 (6:30pm call)

Important for Performers

-Please double check your calendar to make sure you have no conflicts with the schedule printed above. You are expected to attend all dress rehearsals. If your group is unable to attend all of the dress rehearsals or performance, let Mr. Mathews know now so you can be replaced.

-Please check for correct spelling of group name, members, song, composer, etc. Bands that don’t have a name yet, please get a name to Mr. Mathews right after Spring Break.

[/tab] [tab title=”Acts”]

Act One

Band – Christian Henry, Drew Webber, Esther Liu, Daniel Shapiro, Patrick Smith, Brice LaFond, Cole Walker, Brian Jost, Austin Renwick and Stephanie Stanley

“Suit ‘n Tie” by Justin Timberlake / Jay Z

Vocal Solo – Ashely Rippeto

“Warrior” by Demi Levato

Act Two

Dance Solo – Stephanie Bonham

“Left” by Piano Guys

Vocal Solo – Javan Whitney-Warner

“Indi Blues Medley” arr. by Javan Whitney-Warner

Act Three

Vocal Solo – Totionna Thompson and Esther Lui (piano)

“Crazy In Love” by Beyonce

Vocal Solo – Raychel Mooney and Mikala Roach (guitar)

“Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5

Act Four

Vocal Duet – Megan Kelly, Urmila Kutikkad and Trisha Chaudhary (piano)

“Pretty Hurts” by Beyonce

Stand-up Comic – Adam Zaghobani

(Come up with a name)

Act Five

Trombone Octet – Amanda Eaton, Matt Orf, Stephanie Stanley, Kristen Tarr, Troy Marsh, Patrick Sullivan, Jared Smith, Greyson Holliday

“Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites” arr. by Chris Hass

Band – Daniel Shapiro, Stephanie Bonham, Patrick Smith, Martin Shapiro, Mickey Jamieson and Jacob Getzoff

“Hurricane Season” by Trombone Shorty

**Intermission**

Act Six

Band – Harrison Keilhahn, Brian Jost, Jacob Getzoff, Drew Webber, Brice LaFond and Evann Twitchell
“Remembering Sunday” by All-Time Low
Vocal Solo – Nautica Varnum and Ed Varnum (guitar)
“Titanium” by David Guetta

Act Seven

Sax Trio – Patrick Smith, Stephanie Bonham and Emily Vu (Must have cuts-too long)
“Super Saxophone Bros.”
LED Hoopdance – Jackie Gajda
“Silent Screams” by Akira Kiteshi

Act Eight

Impressionist – Salah Daghlas
(Come up with a name)
Band – Delaney Berg, Greg Irwin, James Thomason, Jacob Getzoff, Mickey Jamieson, Matthew Hoeppner, Daniel Shapiro, Hayley Benson and Nick Hainswoth
“Hazard (2) Ya Booty”

Act Nine

Vocal Solo – Nick Hainsworth, Ethan Forte (cello) and Harrison Keithahn (violin)
“Take Me” by Nick Hainsworth
Vocal Solo – Sydney Hemwall (piano)
“Wanna Be With You” by Lady Gaga

Act Ten

Vocal Solo – John Crader (piano)
“Angeles” by Steve Carlson
Boy Band – Daniel Shapiro, Brice LaFond, Junior Cobb, Matt Org, Brian Jost, Evan Schaffer, Nick Hanisworth, Jacob Getzoff and Jared Myers
“One Direction” by ???
There were many good acts but not all of those that auditioned could be chosen. There were more people that auditioned this year than ever before. Thanks for auditioning. -Steve Mathews, director
[/tab]

[/tabs]