Christmas Tree Hunting and Then Some.

My father is such an amazing person. He has been my coach since I can remember, always looking for new ways to teach me lessons, either through my experiences or his. Even though he is human and has his fair share of mistakes, I love that he cares so deeply for me not matter what I do; that somewhere, in our relationship as father and daughter, there is a hope of true unconditional understanding. This is my favorite photo of the set.

Tree hunting is not something I’ve enjoyed experiencing during the seemingly countless years of my childhood. By the time I turned 10, my mother invested in a fake tree, keeping the box in a storage closet upstairs, only to pull it out once a year from its dusty fate. By the time I turned 14, things changed a little and my father decided he wanted to buy a fresh, new tree every year. Naturally, I was not opposed to this decision. The smell of a spruce could not be matched by anything, not even the smell after rain or the feel of a warm blanket. Fresh trees were the best aspect of Christmas, and my father brought it back to be so simply and wonderfully.

This past Sunday, I ventured out with my amazing father in search of a six foot tree to sit wonderfully in our cute living room.

I woke up Sunday morning with a white blanket all around me. Just like a child, I secretly hope for snow every second I can, praying that every morning I open my eyes the beauty of that frozen mystery is present before me.
With the recent snow fall beginning late at night and continuing through the early morning, it was time to bundle up and take a break from my awful math homework. My father prepared to take me on an adventure, and I was ready!
We decided to get a tree on Sunday, making our way into the cold snow. I realized that capturing my father's goofy faces is the only way to recall this moment we shared together. And, even though we would have many days like this in the future, I am only 17 once, and 18 means moving out and making my way. This day was different. This day reminded me that time never slows down, and faces like this will be far and in between when I'm busy paying bills and making it to classes. I love this face.
We decided to get a tree on Sunday, making our way into the cold snow. I realized that capturing my father’s goofy faces is the only way to recall this moment we shared together. And, even though we would have many days like this in the future, I am only 17 once, and 18 means moving out and making my way. This day was different. This day reminded me that time never slows down, and faces like this will be far and in between when I’m busy paying bills and making it to classes. I love this face.
My beautiful father, ladies and gentlemen. I love this man with all my heart. He’s pretty great.
There are moments like these when I am grateful my family never owned a mini van....
There are moments like these when I am grateful my family never owned a mini van….
I love the peace sign in the background. It shows hope and optimism, a huge part of our search for the perfect Christmas tree.
Does this remind you of a strange, bitter metaphor? Happy Holidays!
This one almost bring tears into my eyes. My father is so amazing.
Trees are a magical occurrence. Please, do not take them for granted.
This makes me want to get lost. The smell was overwhelmingly awesome! We didn’t find what we wanted in this location, so executing our capitalist lifestyle, we took off for another vendor.
This was our final destination. We were in for a surprise. We knew trees could be large, but we never dreamed of Christmas Vacation large.
We continued our journey just up the road when we couldn’t find anything worthwhile. But, this place had promise and a great sign!
Trees, glorious, trees! This photo was difficult to edit, but I think you understand the premise.
Oh yes! This was the place to be! Great people and great trees, who could ask for more!?
Clark Grizwald-sized trees dwarfed my father. Granted, he really is not all that tall; but, from my perspective, he still has inches on me. I felt like a hobbit trekking through this tent, camera in hand, and visible breath before me. It was magical.
And, another photo of my fabulous father!
In this moment, I realized two things: 1) this tree was the one we were searching for, and 2) my father is really quite strange. But, I love him!
He is a successful hunter, this man…
We decided to make it dramatic. This tree was ready for buying, and it had no way out (think your best evil laugh and perform such here...). Time to go home and get warm!
We decided to make it dramatic. This tree was ready for buying, and it had no way out (think your best evil laugh and perform such here…). Time to go home and get warm!
Nearly there! A purchase away from perfection sitting in our living room, lit up with strands of fire and glittering with glorious ornaments.
The End.
The End.
This is where our journey ended. We found the perfect tree with the best smell and the cutest disposition. It’s time to water like crazy and decorate the next couple days! Get ready, get set, GO!

Happy Holidays and Tree Hunting, Folks!