Meet sophomore student council candidate Delaney Tevis

Why are you running for Student Council?
I am running for Student Council because I want to be involved at Rock Bridge and help to make the high school experience fun and educational for everyone.
What impact do you hope to make as a Student Council representative?
I hope to gain the trust and respect of my student body, as they will feel comfortable to bring up any issues they have with Rock Bridge to me. If this should happen, I would try to come to a resolution as quickly as possible that makes everyone satisfied.
What qualities do you have that makes you qualified to be a Student Council representative?
I am qualified to be a Student Council representative because I am persistent and don’t readily or easily give up. I want to have fun in high school. I don’t just want it to be all study and no play, meaning if there is an issue that you face, I will try my hardest to fix it so everyone can have an amazing experience at Rock Bridge–after all, your high school years are the best years of your life!
What are you looking to change in Student Council this year?
As a sophomore, I don’t already know all the issues that the student body would like to change, so I am open to new ideas and will work hard to resolve problems or concerns when they arise.

What is something you would like to see Rock Bridge more involved in?
I believe Rock Bridge is a very involved school. I am proud to finally call myself a Bruin. As far as the community front goes, Rock Bridge students are very active; RBRO being a prime example. One thing I have noticed though is the recycling. At home football games there are no recycling options, in consequence a lot of bottles are thrown away. This is an issue inside the school as well. If there are plastic recycling options, they are not well advertised, so we can easily raise awareness and the opportunities to recycle.
What do you think the student body is looking for in a candidate?
I think the student body is looking for an individual who is willing to listen, and take to heart what is said. They are looking for a hard worker, someone who has an internal drive and isn’t afraid to stick their head out to accomplish what needs to be done.
What activities are you involved in?
Already this year I am involved in the RBHS Marching Band!!! I have also joined RBRO, and I intend to be in some other clubs like Nerds Anonymous. Outside of school, I am a part of the High School youth group at my church, I am an avid Girl Scout, and I play recreational basketball and softball.
What would you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?

My strengths are that I am a hard working individual. I truly want to help all the time, everywhere. I am an objective listener who can provide new insights. I am intelligent, and I don’t ever halfheartedly do anything. We all have our faults, but to be honest, my biggest weakness is that I tend to procrastinate, although I am constantly working at this.
If you were given $1,000 what would you do with it?
If I were given $1,000 I would most likely invest or put it away for savings, in the hopes that one day I can use it to achieve my goals, or that it could help others through donation, if I don’t need it.
What is one thing you want the Rock Bridge Student body to know about you?
Ultimately I am an honest person, so you can trust that I won’t ever lie to you.

By Jacqueline LeBlanc