Meet sophomore student council candidate Betsy Poelhman

Why are you running for Student Council?
I am running for Student Council because I think that it is a great way to be involved in your school and  it can prepare me for the real world because of it is a great opportunity  to practice leadership and teamwork.
What impact do you hope to make as a Student Council representative?
I hope that with me being a Student Council representative I can be able to make Rock Bridge a better place by involving more of the school in activities in order to strengthen the sense of community.

What qualities do you have that makes you qualified to be a Student Council?
I am very friendly, open mined and cultured and I truly care about making the school a better and more welcoming place.
What are you looking to change in Student Council this year?
I am looking to get more people involved in Rock Bridge’s many events and activities, also trying to make sure that it caters to a more diverse and larger part of the schools community.
What is something you would like to see Rock Bridge more involved in?
I think Rock Bridge should be more involved in the local community specifically more with younger kids and other schools.
What do you think the student body is looking for in a candidate?
I think that the student body is looking for someone who is  be able to represent school in positive way, and make sure all opinions and ideas are heard. Also, someone who is outgoing, friendly to all, and who will go out of their way to help others.
What activities are you involved in?
I am involved in wide variety of school activities. I’m already in FCA and SEC, and I am hoping to to later join Young Democrats/ Moderates, Key Club, Global Issues, Speech and debate…. and of course Harry Potter club.  
What would you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses?
Some of my strengths include being a natural leader, always having a bright and shinning attitude, organization and really trying to incorporate everyone’s opinions and ideas together.
My greatest weakness is that i can  care too much about others and sometimes that i neglect my own needs.
If you were given $1,000 what would you do with it?
I could lie and say that I would give it to a charity or save the money for later, but truthfully I would probably  spend it on clothes and music and whatever my newest fad would be.

What is one thing you want the Rock Bridge student body to know about you?
One thing I want the Rock Bridge Student Body know about me is that I’m ALWAYS smiling and that they should not feel afraid to say hi to me and strike up a conversation.
By Jacqueline LeBlanc