PTSA holds annual Valentine’s Day sale

The Floral Design classes in the Career Center also held their flower sales today, although their earnings are separate from the PTSA's. Photo by Duha Shebib.
The PTSA held its Valentine’s Day fundraiser in the main commons today, which brings in more than $1,200 annually, PTSA Vice President Karen Smith said.
The money made from the bags of candy, chocolate-covered strawberries and pretzels will go toward projects that benefit the teachers, staff, and students of RBHS. Smith said the organization has helped fund many valuable projects that benefit both students and staff.
“We give scholarships to seniors, we give teacher grants or Bruin grants to teachers when they ask for certain things,” Smith said. “We’ve bought Ping-Pong tables before, we’ve bought some stuff for the lounge before in the past, just anything to help the staff.”
Junior Will Buckley bought chocolate-covered strawberries for his girlfriend, taking advantage of the PTSA fundraiser. The chocolate-covered strawberries from The Candy Factory are one of the specials the PTSA staff sells.
“It’s just a fun thing to do, to get something for your special someone or even just yourself or whatever,” Buckley said. “It’s good just to participate in the holiday and help raise a little money for the school.”