Three Halloween events to explore this year

Image courtesy of Envato Elements

Gaudy lawn decorations, countless trunk-or-treats and Michael Meyers are back on the big screen: it is officially spooky season, and the list of local Halloween activities seems to expand by the day. Here are three events to explore during the end of October this year.

Fall Festival

Christian Fellowship Church will be hosting its annual Fall Festival on Tuesday, Oct. 31 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The outdoor, family-friendly event will include games, a trunk-or-treat, food trucks and more. Admission is free, and both costumes and regular attire are welcome.

FearFest

FearFest, one of the most iconic Halloween locations in Columbia, is a classic for those who love a good jumpscare. This year, the event will be open every Friday and Saturday in October, the last three Thursdays in October, as well Oct. 30, Oct. 31 and Nov. 5th for their special ‘BLACKOUT’ nights. Tickets cost $30 – $125 and range from general admission tickets to VIP season passes. Per tradition, the festival’s four attractions will include The Mortuary, Hawthorne State Asylum, Terror in the Woods and Necropolis Haunted House.

Shryocks Corn Maze

Shyrocks Corn Maze is located in Callaway County, MO. Shryocks Callaway Farms opens a 16-acre life-sized corn maze to the public every fall. This year, the Corn Maze is open from Friday, Sept. 15 to Sunday, Nov. 5 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Admission for adults is $12, kids aged 5 – 12 is $10 and kids aged 4 & under are free. This ticket includes access to activities like the corn maze, fun barn, the jumping pillow, the indoor gumball machine and others. For an additional cost, customers can reserve a campfire, visit the pumpkin patch or buy concessions. Although it is not entirely Halloween-related, the corn maze represents an essential aspect of fall that goes hand-in-hand with the spooky season.

Are you planning on going to any of these events? Let us know in the comments below.