Boys’ Lacrosse defeats Seckman handily on Senior Day

On an already busy weekend for the Bruins, the team faced Seckman High School at RBHS and came out with an (18-9) win on Senior Day to progress to [8-2] on the season. The team thrived on a hectic schedule as they only lost one game all year on weekends where they played two or more games. The win also helped the team to take a two game lead in their conference in the Missouri Scholastic Lacrosse Association (MSLA) rankings which will aid the group with the postseason only a week away.
Between a game the previous day, prom that night and Senior Day festivities, it may seem like too much for some players to handle, but that was not the case for senior Seth Covert, who had a career record seven goals against Seckman.
“With the way we’ve begun to run our offense lately, it’s made it a lot easier for midfielders to shoot on transition which helped me out a lot today,” Covert said. “The shots just kind of came out of our sets so I have to give a lot of credit to my teammates.”
Between 18 goals and a record breaking day, head coach Tim Baird had a lot to be proud of. However, he says there is still a lot of work to be done before the team ends their regular season.
“I felt like we played very well today which helped us to play almost all of our players,” Baird said. “But we still need to make sure that we are playing as consistently as possible all throughout the game.”
Though Senior Day reminded the 11 seniors of the short time they have left on their season, Covert says he feels that the group is more ready than ever to finish off the season the right way.
“We want to make it deep into the postseason, and I feel like we have the kind of team that can do that,” Covert said. “Me and the rest of the seniors feel really great about our chances so I just hope we can make things happen now.”