Boys basketball continues winning streak with blowout of East

It’s always a good sign when any team’s sophomore class outscores their opponents entire game total. It’s even better when RBHS sophomores Dajuan Harris and Isiaih Mosley accomplish this is in the first half as the boys’ basketball team won big against East High School 71-15.
From the very start of the game it was apparent that it would be a bloodbath as Mosley scored the first three buckets and snatched two steals in just the first minute. Just when the crowd thought it couldn’t get any more exhilarating, senior Eysan Wiley scored an alley-oop to put the game out of reach in the first quarter.
For head coach Jim Scanlon, the masterclass in routing a team was nothing short of awesome; nonetheless, he continued to pressure his team so that they could continue to gain something from the game.
“It was really great to see the boys playing so well tonight,” Scanlon said. “It can be easy to let a quick lead go but the boys stuck with it which really helped us get our younger players in the game.”
The Bruins on the court weren’t the only ones pushing for game time for the young players as the BruCrew quickly began chanting the names of junior Drew Boswell and sophomore Spencer Miles. The call was quickly answered by Wiley, who put up 8 points in under 7 minutes to get the younger players in.
“We were definitely pushing for the younger players because it’s always important to get those younger players out on the court,” Wiley said. “They’re the future of our program so getting them out there is great.”
Though the blowout could lead to some having a big head out on the court, Scanlon says he won’t allow the team to get too ahead of themselves as they move forward to face crosstown rival Hickman High School (HHS) Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, Feb. 14.
“We’ve gone on a really great run these past few weeks, and we all recognize that,” Scanlon said. “No matter what though we keep the pressure on because we never want them to feel like they’re done doing what we’re doing.”