Lady Bruins cruise to victory against Francis Howell

Basket after basket, the Lady Bruins dominated the paint against Francis Howell on Dec. 13, displaying an electrifying performance. With a final score of 63-32, it was clear by halftime that Howell could not stack up to their adversaries.  
From hard-fought rebounds to clean three-pointers, the Lady Bruins were a spark of electricity and energy. With such a high scoring game, head coach Jill Nagel proudly pointed out the good and the bad in her team’s performance.
“We moved the ball really well and we were quick down the floor,” Nagel said. “We do need to get more efficient in our offensive sets, but I liked the control we had.”
Leaving the first quarter with a nine-point lead over Howell , junior guard Katey Klucking voices the modesty she and her teammates try to maintain during a game.
“I think the biggest thing is that during practice we push each other so much that we don’t realize that ‘this isn’t what a game is going to be like’ and that we don’t play against players that are as intense as we are,” Klucking said. “So going into a game we don’t expect anything, not a loss not a win, but still playing with confidence.”   
With that in mind, junior guard Payton McCallister cited a few “rough patches” throughout the first half of the game.
“We got going too fast sometimes and couldn’t keep up,” McCallister said. “We get too excited for ourselves. Our coach called a couple of timeouts, calmed us down and got us back on track.”
With such an explosive game, RBHS sealed not only a satisfying win, but also a great performance for the crowd. Nagel hopes to continue the team’s success into the future. 
“ Francis Howell is a very good team,” Nagel said. “They were a final four team last year, they graduated a lot of starters, but at the same time they’re a very disciplined team, so it’s a good measuring stick for us.”
Are you happy with the Lady Bruins’ performances so far? Comment below and let us know.