A guide to must see horror films

This blog finds the most suited to you movies every month, with choices and categories to chose from. These films are underappreciated and unique to the industry. Trying to break the glass ceiling for different and less talked about directors and writers, this blog showcases movies you have to see at least once in your lifetime, but the fun part is that it’s all your choice which films you choose and the ones you discard. I’m here to narrow it down to the films that are worth your precious time.
Campy:
I chose From Dusk Till Dawn because it’s a very unrealistic movie similar to how most “scary” movies are. This film showcases how ridiculous special effects makeup can be, whether this was done purposefully or by pure accident, the film is interesting and brilliant. The movie is action-packed and features a drama filled story that will have you reeling when they roll the credits.
Thriller:
Personally, Scream is my very favorite scary movie of all time. It has all the classic elements you might expect a scary movie to have. There are several jump scares that make your heart beat faster and a twist ending that you don’t see coming. Violence and horror never looked so good. You end up rooting for the protagonist throughout the whole film, wishing she didn’t pick up the phone in the first place. The ending is unexpected and leaves you wanting more. Check out Scream for a unique movie experience that leaves you with goosebumps every time the phone rings.
Family friendly/cartoon:
Coraline is not like any cartoon you’ve ever seen. With soundtrack to kill, the whole concept of this children’s movie will have you on the edge of your seat every moment. There’s so much artistry that came with making this film, you can tell there were blood sweat and tears that were put into every second making this movie so aesthetically pleasing to the viewer’s eye. I chose this film because everything about this film screams for attention because I can guarantee you’ve never met a character like Coraline before.
Classic:
A must-see in the horror genre has got to be The Exorcist, when this film came out in theaters, people had never seen a horror movie so realistic before. Projectile puking and cringe-tastic lines, you won’t soon forget this utterly jaw dropping movie. Realistic dialogue combined with great imagery, the anticipation for the climax of this film is kind of like a train wreck, you can’t look away. This film demands your attention from the moment you hit play. In fact, people are still writing about how it haunts a viewer.

used with permission of Focus Features