Rock Bridge Sound Board: album extravaganza

For this week on Rock Bridge Soundboard, Elad and Cam have come together to compile their top three albums of all time. It took quite a lot of thinking and work, but they both finally decided their final albums and now present them to you.[vc_wp_text][spotifyhttp://open.spotify.com/track/4bz7uB4edifWKJXSDxwHcs][/vc_wp_text][vc_tta_tabs][vc_tta_section title=”Cam’s album picks ” tab_id=”1444681876919-25bccbb2-3cdd”] Big_Star_-1_Record
Big Star- Number 1 Record  
Jangly guitar music would never be the same after the Memphis rock band came together to release not only their first album, but quite possibly one of the greatest rock albums of all time. Nothing will ever really compare to how consistent this album is from track to track, as founding member Chris Bell and songwriter Alex Chilton somehow pieced together a masterpiece in their living room. Sadly the album was a commercial flop seeing as the era of country and blues rock had already faded for heavier acts like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, but time would shine brightly on Big Star as Rolling Stone would put all three of their albums on their top 500 albums of all time list. This is truly a classic that few rock bands can compare to.

operation-doomsday-4fe9a15a52dab

MF DOOM- Operation: Doomsday

I’m gonna start off with a bold statement: MF DOOM is the greatest rapper of all time. “MF who?” you might say, but just because someone is an underground artist should never make you think less of them. MF DOOM is one of my favorite examples of this, because absolutely no one can compare to his rhymes and his delivery. Listening to him for the first time seems to break every rule popular hip-hop has ever given out, but it’s all because he just never stops rhyming. On his classic Operation: Doomsday the masked villain lets loose his best lines ever, with classics like  “I sell rhymes like dimes,The one who mostly keep cash but brag about the broker times”. And no big deal, but he produces his own beats too. And they’re incredible.

Print
Fleet Foxes- Fleet Foxes
Hands down the best album of the past decade, no doubt in my mind. It is my favorite album of all time, and unless something absolutely earth shattering happens, it shall remain that way. The problem I always have when listening through albums is that I just can’t stand listening to a bad song, so I just skip it. But with Fleet Foxes self-titled, I will never skip a song. I love every single one, and how each one interacts with each other to piece together this wonderful folk-rock masterpiece. I don’t believe our generation will ever see another album quite like this one, and Fleet Foxes will never be able to write an album that compares to it, but that’s okay. At the end of the day we will always have this bright shimmering star, this one that will stand the test of indie music time and use its beautiful harmonies and wonderful recording to please ears all around the world for many years to come.
story by Cam Fuller[/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Elad’s album picks ” tab_id=”1444681880356-c5e21344-15a9″]ledzeppelin4
Led Zeppelin IV
Coming out in 1971, Led Zeppelin IV is one of, if not the most, iconic Zeppelin albums. Featuring a 7 track (setup) LZ IV  is the album that strikes closest to home for me and countless other fans. Due to the ridiculous popularity of Stairway To Heaven, the 4th track on the album, many people have come to recognize the tunes and album cover, which features a mysterious grey background with a portrait of a faceless man carrying a bundle of sticks . The songs on the  album all have the classic Zeppelin hard rock-blues sound with gritty riffs and high pitched vocals. The very first track on the album, Black Dog, is personally one of my very favorite LZ tunes as it has the core Zeppelin feel- explosive drumming, a masterfully iconic riff, and perhaps the strongest vocals in Rock and Roll history. Among the countless great albums Led Zeppelin have released, LZ IV takes home the gold for me as being the greatest.

FIOEstrokes

The Strokes: First Impressions of Earth

Moving to a more contemporary band, The Strokes, we have perhaps my favorite album of all time; First Impressions of Earth. This album contains 14 unique, guitar fueled rock songs that fill you with energy. Almost alternating between darker and more upbeat songs, the brief UK 1# top seller offers a variety of gritty rock songs that stick in your head for quite the while. One of the less known songs of the album,  RazorBlade has reached my personal top 3 songs of all time. Based off a clean repeating riff and lead singer Julian Casablancas raspy meaningful vocals the track tells an endearing story of coping with an intense drug addiction through its personification. Ultimately wrapping up with the subtle change in lyrics describing some sort of defeat to this addiction the song closes and leaves you thinking.

Are_You_Experienced_-_US_cover-edit
The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Are you experienced
Are you Experienced was rock legend Jimi Hendrix’s ticket to his short lived fame. Opening with the explosive psychedelic, distorted guitar driven, fast paced Purple Haze the 1967 album was destined for success with covers and original songs performed by what many consider the greatest guitarist of all time. Offering exclusively heavy blues rock tracks, Are you Experienced perfectly captures Hendrix’s crazy persona through riff, guitar solos and spot on vocals. Placed by the Rolling Stones 15th of 500 the 500 greatest albums of all time, this album comes easily as my personal favorite album of all time.

story by Elad Gov-Ari [/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs]