Boys soccer tramples Waynesville Tigers

The Rock Bridge Bruins easily decimated the Waynesville Tigers on their own field last night, bringing about another sound victory for the season.
Starting the game out with three easy back to back goals, the Bruins let in a shot to end the first half at 3-1. However, this was the only goal Waynesville got for the rest of the game, as the Bruins finished the game with an insurmountable score of 8-2.
Junior Brandon Rettke, who scored the first goal after halftime, believed it was their teamwork that affected the outcome of the game the most.
“I think what we’ve been talking about as a team to focus in definitely affected the game,” Rettke said. “We played good team soccer last night. Everyone shared the ball and we controlled almost all of the game.”
As an expected victory, many were not surprised by the outstanding victory they achieved with the amount of practice and skill they’ve attained. This year, they’re also hoping to make it to the state tournament.“We played good team soccer last night. Everyone shared the ball and we controlled almost all of the game.”
Junior Drew Stanowski is a starting junior and scored the first goal of the night, and believes that they played a good game.
“I really like how we possessed the ball this game which is one of the things we have been working on in practice “ Stanowski said. “ I think we could maybe work on varying our attack and cleaning up some mistakes, but overall I feel like it was a great performance.”
However, Rettke knows the team isn’t done working quite yet, they still have a long road ahead to state.

“As a team we have a list of things we’re working on improving for the last part of the season to get better and be a better team,” Rettke said. “We hope our team makes it to state this year.”