Blue Note hosts eclectic band Grouplove

Grouplove

The Blue Note will welcome the band Grouplove to their stage Nov. 11. The band’s first EP was released Jan. 1 of 2011, shortly followed by their first album, “Never Trust a Happy Song,” on Sept. 13 of 2011.
Their single “Tongue Tied” made an appearance on the Top 40 Chart. The upbeat groove of the song appealed to audiences and created a fun dance tune. Other singles from their album include “Colours” and “Itchin’ on a Photograph.”
Senior Cameron Grahl said she heard one of their songs on an Apple commercial and searched for the name of the song, thus discovering Grouplove. She bought both the band’s CDs and fell in love with the group.
“I expect the performance aspect to be really cool,” Grahl said, “with them having all kinds of lights and dancing and jumping around and being awesome.”
Grahl has attended several concerts at The Blue Note, but she said she’s looking forward to this one the most because she knows the band better, unlike the other concerts she’s gone to.
For this band, “I know all the songs,” Grahl said. “I’ll actually be able to sing … along with the band and enjoy the performance.”
The Blue Note said ever since they booked Grouplove a few months ago, they have been very excited for the band to come. They think it will bring in a lot of people, particularly the younger generation of Columbia.
Tickets are $20 and doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 8 p.m.
Want to go to the show? Answer this question correctly for a chance to win a free Grouplove ticket:
Q: What band is the Blue Note hosting Dec. 6?
Email your answer to [email protected]