Golden Globes: Fashion Recap

The 2014 Golden Globes disappointed me immensely when it came to red carpet fashion. I was looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful dresses and accessories, as I always do, but found myself clicking out of the Red Carpet coverage. Picking out the five best dressed,were only ‘best’ because every other dress was just so much worse.
I don’t know what happened this year, but these stars stylists did not impress.
5 best:
Emma Watson in Dior
Mila Kunis in Gucci
Olivia Wilde in Gucci
Kerry Washington in Balenciaga
Amy Poehler in Stella McCartney
The best part about these five best dresses was the elegant simplicity. These stars didn’t try to do too much, which was a nice balance against some of the obnoxious dresses that were worn by other actresses. I think Emma Watson’s bold dress in the front, pants in the back, was done very well, and I applaud Dior for that. Mila Kunis’ dress kind of reminded me of the Black Swan, a movie she had starred in a few years ago. Olivia Wilde and Kerry Washington chose beautiful dresses to compliment there mommy-to-be figures, while Amy Poehler picked a great dress to flatter her figure.
See below my top 5 best dressed picks.
[slider source=”media: 257908,257909,257910,257911,257912″ height=”900″ title=”no”] 5 worst:
Sandra Bullock in Prabal Gurung
Heidi Klum in Marchesa
Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Couture
Paula Patton in Stephanie Rolland
Lena Dunham in Zac Posen
I probably could have put 10 or 15 worst dressed here, but I went with the dresses that I just couldn’t believe a star would ever put on themselves.
Sandra Bullock wore this color blocking dress that looked just very tacky. It was very disappointing. The dress that Heidi Klum wore just looked pitiful. It was frumpy, yet tried to have this sexy appeal, that just didn’t work.
Unfortunately, Jennifer Lawrence chose the wrong dress. It mimicked a down blanket comforter with two pieces of black ribbon tied around the waist and below the waist.
Paula Patton probably had my least favorite dress of the entire night on, and that’s saying a lot. She is a gorgeous woman, but that dress was over the top in a not cute way.
Lena Dunham’s dress speaks for itself; too much yellow. See below my top 5 worst dressed picks.
[slider source=”media: 257932,257933,257934,257935,257936″ height=”900″ title=”no”] Photos courtesy of Huffington Post.
By Renata Williams