People on airplanes

I’ve taken many plane trips in my lifetime. Continental and international, short and long, great and terrible, I’ve been there.
However, on my trip from Seattle, Wa. to Minneapolis, Mn., a new type of plane ride came forth and reared its ugly head: the sucky. The plane ride from Seattle to Minneapolis was torture. It wasn’t because I was cramped and had no leg room; instead, it was because of the people I met.
Airports are a beacon for idiots.
Airports call to the lesser intelligent and say, “Please, come forth and become a part of us. Work for us! Ride with us!”
Of course, after I take my seat I am surrounded by those who have never ridden on a plane before. My first plane ride was when I was kindergarten, and so plane rides aren’t foreign to me. You might even call me a semi-frequent flyer.
I can spot a new flyer from ten rows away. These two ladies were new flyers. They had three carry-on bags, a laptop, and two backpacks. After shoving all of their stuff into the overhead compartment, the real festivities began.
The lady on the aisle seat had some kind of phobia that the overhead compartments were going to burst open and spill their contents onto her head. So, to solve this problem, she stood up while the plane was, literally, in its final seconds before take-off and opened and closed the overhead compartment three times.
I think in Sky Mall magazine Delta says to do exactly that if you wanted the carry-on luggage to attack you.
Finally, airports really bring out the ugly in people. While our plane pulled into the Minneapolis airport, the pilot pulled into the wrong spot. So, our unloading of passengers was prolonged by half an hour. Two passengers on the plane were taking a trip from Alaska back to their home in Virginia. They had to make a connection flight 30 minutes after our plane landed. Also, a few rows behind me, a couple needed to catch their connection flight as well. The plane was full of tension.
And of course, instead of letting these people–whose connection flights were necessary to return home from practically the USSR, may I remind you–people just carried on as usual. How unbelievably selfish and awful. Along with that, the couple behind me begged those in front to let them forge ahead. In response, a lady with a frumpy hair style and black swiss backpack sad, “We’re all having the same problem.”
We’re all having the same problem looking at your nasty hair cut and middle schooler backpack, but we’re letting that one go. Sit yourself down and let these people make their connection flight.
Today, I hate people on airplanes.
By Shannon Freese