15 Days of Torment: Day 3 From Prada to Nada

Image used under the fair use doctrine.
My third choice was a recommendation from friends. I usually trust their taste, and after watching From Prada to Nada, I wasn’t disappointed.
I had just watched the young Alexa Vega in Sleepover the day before, and was not happy with it. So when I first saw her pop up in this movie, I was expecting major disappointment.
The same actress in two chick flicks, two days in a row? This was starting to take the wrong turn. But, much to my surprise, I loved it. It was hilarious, and I overlooked the overused love story, only because it was a movie specifically based off of Jane Austen’s “Sense and Sensibility.”
The movie used some foreign humor which ultimately is the funniest to me. I found myself laughing hysterically and when my mom walked in and saw me alone cracking up at my laptop screen, she for sure thought I was crazy. The movie even moved me to tears at one point. I’m not usually an emotional roller coaster type person, but I felt as if I was going through the story along with the characters.
Oddly, I also found myself falling in love with the character Bruno, played by Wilmer Valderrama, or better known to me as the annoying and kind of eccentric Fez from “That ’70s Show,” who I never expected to think of in that way. But he played such a sweet, quiet, and subtly funny guy who I ended up drooling all over during the movie.
By Jude El Buri