Meet your fellow student: Nicolie Butler

Q: Where are you from?
A: I’m from Romania, and I’ve lived here for three years. I was adopted here, but next year I’m going back to Romania to be a priest. But this is my first year at school. I really am learning how
American schools are.
Q: How long have you studied English?
A: I’ve studied English since I was about two so I’m very fluent and decent about not having an accent unless I speak Romanian.
Q: What do you like best about Rock Bridge?
A: The best thing about the school is the library and also the availability of the teachers. I like how I can print out anything in the library and the books are unlimited about topics.
Q: What do you do in your free time?
A: I love to compose music. I compose a lot of classical music. I also do poetry and write a lot. I was going to run for student president but I decided I would do better as a representative instead
Q: What instruments do you play?
A: I’ve played the violin ever since I can remember. I also play the organ, the piano and the cello. Those are my main ones, but I play others. I enjoy playing the violin the most.
Q: What else are you involved in around Rock Bridge?
A: Well, I worked here over the summer. I helped a lot with the computers and I helped change the passwords. I wanted to go out for soccer or maybe football because I’m very fast, but I decided not to. But I really want to become more involved around school.
Q: What is your favorite food?
A: That’s tough … But my favorite food is just plain peanut butter.
Q: Do you normally eat it off of a spoon?
A: Yes, that is typically how I eat it, unless I don’t have a spoon. Then I just eat it off my fingers.
Q: What do you never leave your house without?
A: That’s a good question. I never leave my house without a pen and a paper because I like to jot down ideas whenever they hit me.
Q: Which do you prefer — composing music or writing poetry?
A: Well, I write operas as well so that and poetry also go together but I do enjoy composing more.
By Maddie Davis