Children’s Theater show set to perform

The spotlight glowed on the enthusiastic faces of the Children’s Theater performers as they acted out scenes from Aesop’s Fables. Exaggerated movements, laughing smiles and colorful props brightened the stage, along with the melodious singing and rhythmic dancing.
Despite the stress of the upcoming performance, the actors sported their baby blue shirts with passion.
Voices echoed throughout the theater, filling the room with joyous tunes familiar to almost every child’s ears. The play caters to the interaction of children with the characters in the play. Sing-a-longs take place as well as cheers of encouragement from the audience.
Backstage, there was a flurry of commotion as students prepared for their shows, which are Dec. 2 during second hour and at 7 p.m., Dec. 3 at 7 p.m. and Dec. 4 at 2 p.m.
Junior Jordan Forrest said she values “the experiences backstage not a lot of people have” because she is a part of Children’s Theater.
Junior Maddy Kayser echoed the sentiments, saying she “learned a lot about the theater” in the class.
Overall, the frequent chicken clucks and flapping arms express the actors’ efforts to give their all for the Children’s Theater performance, “Don’t Count your Chickens until they Cry Wolf” a show geared toward the pleasure of children.
[nggallery id=21] By Afsah Khan,  Alyssa Piecko, Manal Salim, Katie Wheeler