Bruins maul Jays, exact revenge for last week’s loss

Junior, Alex Ofodile, runs the ball down the field in the fourth quarter to try and come back.
[heading]Columbia Rock Bridge 48, Jefferson City 18[/heading] Revenge is a dish best served…hot?
The Bruins (5-5) didn’t take long finding the Jays’ (6-4) endzone in their district quarterfinal matchup Friday night. On the sixth play of the opening drive, and after running the ball five straight times, sophomore tight end Hayden Johnson hit senior wide receiver Zach Reuter with a 38-yard touchdown pass.
Junior Logan Twehous, QB, throws just at the 30 yard-line to his teammate to complete the down.
Junior quarterback Logan Twehous, who played in last week’s 31-21 loss at home to the Jays, sat on the sideline with a concussion as backup QB Karson Ringhdal led the Bruins to a 48-18 victory. Photo by Randi Obermiller
No Logan? No Problem.
While sophomore backup quarterback Karson Ringdahl didn’t pass with the efficiency of junior Logan Twehous his accuracy or lack thereof didn’t deter the Bruin offense. Twehous was out for the game with a concussion. Despite throwing twice in the first quarter with no completions, Ringdahl proved to be an effective game manager as he led a long touchdown drive after a Jay field goal. Johnson took a direct snap, one of very many on the night, to put RBHS up 14-3.
After a Jeff City touchdown and another Johnson direct snap touchdown, Ringhdal hit junior wide receiver Alex Ofodile for a 45-yard touchdown, his first completion of the night. RBHS went into the half leading 28-10.
Coming out of the locker room, the Jays scored a touchdown on their first drive. After a penalty, they scored an two point conversion and cut the Bruins’ lead to 10. That would be the last time they scored.
After RBHS junior linebacker Matt Troyer intercepted Jeff City quarterback Gabe Marcantonio to start the fourth quarter, another direct snap to Johnson the Bruins widened the lead to 17. After the defense stopped the Jeff City drive, Ringhdal threw a short pass to Ofodile, who ran it 79 yard to the house. Later, Johnson threw another touchdown to Reuter, setting the score at its final mark, 48-18.
Because Hickman lost a close game 24-17 to Francis Howell Central, the Bruins travel to St. Louis next week to in the district semifinal.
How’s that for vengance?
By Brett Stover