David McCullough: Coming to a theater near you

Photo by Daphne Yu
[heading size=”14″ margin=”10″]Pulitzer prize winner to speak Wednesday night[/heading]Two-time Pulitzer Prize winner David McCullough is delivering the Kinder Institute on Constitutional Democracy’s inaugural distinguished lecture on the architects of American Democracy entitled, “The History You Don’t Know: Lessons from the American Founders” at  the Missouri Theatre on October 7 at 7 p.m.
McCullough is a distinguished historian who’s written multiple works over historical figures and events from American history, such as John Adams and Harry S. Truman.  He is also the recipient of two National Book Awards for “The Path Between the Seas” and “Mornings on Horseback.”
The Kinder Institute on Constitutional Democracy is an academic center at University of Missouri established in 2014. According to its website. It’s purpose is to promote excellence in teaching scholarship on the American constitutional and democratic traditions. The lecture itself represents an opportunity for the entire community to come together on a night and conversate about stimulating events through history.      
Thomas Kane, a Professor at the University of Missouri and is involved with the event, states that one of the many purposes of the Institute is, “to spark dialogue about American political through and history on the University of Missouri campus and in the greater community.”
Kane also says that McCullough was one of the best choices for a speaker at the lecture for many reasons.
“Mr. McCullough is an international leader in generating exactly this kind of dialogue,” Kane said. “As a writer whose books–including 1776, John Adams, and Truman–are historically rigorous, stylistically refined, and widely read, we feel he can make a significant, lasting contribution to public discussion of knowledge about our nation’s early history.”
The event is open to the public and is free of charge, and no tickets are required. It will be at the Missouri Theatre, which is located at 203, South 9th St.