Despite its chessiness, Mickey Mouse X-Mas movie is a classic

I hate corny. Usually. 95 percent of the time. But the 1986 movie Mickey’s Christmas Carol is the kind of movie that is completely corny, but is so much so that you can’t help but love it. With all of the disney original characters that have been loved by generations of children, my second movie on my 5 day countdown to Christmas is Mickey’s a Christmas Carol.
It’s Christmas eve in 1843, and Ebenezer Scrooge (Scrooge McDuck) is the richest man in all of Victorian England, but is a stingy old man who overworks his kind hearted employee Cratchit (Mickey Mouse) and, after Cratchit asks for half of the day off for Christmas, exclaims his hatred for Christmas and of people who ask for money. When he went to sleep, he was approached by three different ghosts of Christmas: The Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Day, the Ghost of Christmas Future. Through the movie Scrooge looks at his past, present, and future and realizes that regardless of all the money he’s earned, it means nothing unless he has people around him. This, along with the eternal damnation he’ll face if he doesn’t change, gives him the incentive to become a better person and spread the Christmas spirit.
This movie is filled with regrets from the past, hardships of the present, and fear of the future. It also shows how fixing one’s present can prevent an impossible future. With these deep lessons embedded in a 26 minute short film, it’s a wonder why everyone hasn’t seen this movie because out of all of the Disney short films that I know, there’s no other one that embodies the Christmas spirit as well as this one.
What’s your favorite Disney short? And are there any other Christmas movies that you think deserve recognition?[TS-VCSC-Youtube content_youtube=”https://youtu.be/ByAINYDyFXs”][vc_text_separator title=”First in a five-part series” i_type=”entypo” i_icon_entypo=”entypo-icon entypo-icon-monitor” i_color=”custom” add_icon=”true” i_custom_color=”#2bb673″][vc_basic_grid post_type=”post” max_items=”10″ element_width=”3″ grid_id=”vc_gid:1450895095672-11e83864-97e5-2″ el_class=”Christmas Movie Reviews”]